So you may have heard the hype by now, or maybe not, but have you tried Zone’s new program from the Les Mills family, SPRINT?
30 minutes of HIIT (high intensity interval training) on a bike, guaranteed to get you results. Fast.
So, what is it? Allow us to explain, in non-scientific terms (don’t worry, we’ll give you a link for those who like that stuff)
- 30 minutes
- Low impact (knees rejoice!)
- Up to 20mins of heart rate above 85% max intensity (that’s a LOT of sweat, aching muscles and heavy breathing)
- You sit. You stand. You recover.
- You pedal fast and light. You pedal slow and heavy.
- Driving music
Science explanation here – https://www.lesmills.com/workouts/high-intensity-interval-training/les-mills-sprint/
So, what is it not?
- RPM – check this link for the science and comparison -> https://www.lesmills.com.au/word-is/rpm-vs-sprint-whats-the-diff
- GRIT on a bike – not a single burpee or clean and press in sight
- Complicated – how hard is sitting or standing?!
- Intimidating – just you on your bike
- A pain in the bum – you’re not on the seat long enough for that!
Why not fast track your training and get on ya bike? All you need is a towel, drink, and some determination – the SPRINT squad will take care of the rest! But please, keep in mind that while SPRINT can deliver awesome results, this is with adequate recovery time, so we recommend no more than 2 HIIT sessions a week (so 2 GRIT or 2 SPRINT, or one of each is plenty!) – your muscles gotta repair and strengthen sometime!
Wednesdays at 6:30pm with Lisa-Marie
Thursdays at 6:15am with James
Fridays at 6:00pm with Josh
And check out some class reviews too;
Cathy; I’m still sitting in my car, legs like jelly, after my first Sprint class! Josh I LOVED IT!!!!!! For those wondering if it’s different to RPM….. YES!!! I love RPM and always will, and now I can add Sprint to the list of classes I love! So hard but over quickly too!! Bring on the next class!!! Lisa-Marie you were right when you said it was the perfect class for me!
Louise; I just want to say a massive thank you to Josh, Lisa-Marie & James for bringing Sprint to The Zone. I am loving it so much ❤🚴💪